What is electric vehicle charging?
For all new electric vehicle charging installations, it is necessary to study in each case whether an electrical project signed by an engineer is required or simply a brochure from the installer.
The ITC-BT-52, which came into force in July 2015, regulates electrical wiring installations.
Before going into this regulation, ITC-BT-04, which regulates the projects that must be signed by engineers, it talks about:
- Corresponding infrastructures for the recharging of electric vehicles with a power of more than 50kW.
- Outdoor recharging installations with a capacity of more than 10kW
- Installations that include charging stations foreseen for charging mode 4, with no power limit.
Apart from those described directly, it is also necessary to consider the following cases where the electrical project may be required:
- The existing installation has a power increase of 50%.
- The electric grilles in garages with more than 5 places and natural ventilation.
- Electric grilles in garages with forced ventilation (without limit).
- If they form part of a public place (restaurants, hotels, etc.).
By means of this project, it will be possible to design the installation and process the new supply point or the extension to be made with new supplies.